Monday, June 9, 2014

Keep it Real

When I move to England in the Autumn, I'm not expecting Prince Harry to fall madly in love with me thus facilitating our move into Kensington Palace where I will become besties with Catherine. (Lovely thought though!) I'm fulfilling my dreams, but I have to continually practice keeping my feet on the ground while my head is in the clouds of what could be.

Don't get me wrong, dreaming is what got me here in the first place. I closed my eyes and jumped. I believe more people should do this. But even if you make it to where you want to be, don't expect every experience to be all roses and butterflies. Always plan and keep in the back of your mind that perhaps plans will change or get altered completely. You could start in England and end up in India. Or maybe what you have built up in your mind to be the end all be all of dreams turns out to be not what you imagined. That's OK. It's an experience that you were meant to have.

So what do you do when the rug gets pulled out from under you on your carefully laid plans? Breathe. Take a moment to acknowledge that things have changed. You've been rolling with the unexpected thus far, you will be able to keep the momentum going. PLAN--well, as best you can. You've been thrown a curve ball, no reason you can't at least mildly prepare for it. You'll feel better for it. Keep your sense of humor intact. It will keep you stress levels down and learning to laugh at the unexpected will help to put things in perspective for you.

Life puts you on certain paths for a reason, if plans change, don't assume the worst. You've either completed a phase in your life or learned all you need from where you are now. Smile and wave hello to the next adventure.


tea drops,

samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment