Friday, July 18, 2014

Travel Itinerary-Frankfurt


As the take off day approaches, more and more little things have fallen into place. I managed to sift through all the student loan paper work and submit it without any errors the first time around! A major accomplishment since international students must submit loan paperwork the old fashioned way (think spreadsheets and very little electronic help). My visa is my last BIG hurdle, which should hopefully be taken care of by the end of the month. Although I still have a lot of little things staring me in the face (banking, cell phone, plane ticket, selling possessions) I've managed to make some fun plans for the first few months I'm there. The biggest of which is flying out to Frankfurt for a long weekend to the Frankfurter Buchmesse or the Frankfurt Book Fair. It's the largest book fair in the world and from what I could judge based off of the pictures, looks to be the next incarnation of Comic Con. People cosplay at these events! But it's also a fantastic opportunity to meet well established people who work in the industry and network your ass off. Which is exactly what I plan to do. Literary agent anyone? Have your been to Frankfurt? What are some things to do and see while I'm there?

No comments:

Post a Comment